Blog Post #1

Entering The Conversation 

The templates given by Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein in the book “They Say I Say” for entering the conversation reminds you that when writing a piece or even explaining a topic that you must keep in mind that this would not be the first discussion so when providing your perspective do not keep the conversation one sided. To best prove your point of opinion you must provide the opposite side, so that the audience can know the back story to the topic and properly understand the stands that you are taking. You want to keep the topic a discussion and not just a list of statements. The yes and no templates show you not to just shoot down the opposing viewpoints but to appropriately explain the disagreement. 

How Art Can Help You Analyze

Many of us have heard the saying that “art is subjective” and I believe it is. One piece of art can be looked at by many different people and the same piece can be interpreted differently. Learning how to look art helps you be able to see a bigger picture. You can ask more questions about a situation; you are able to describe how you feel and what you see which allows others to give you are their observations from another perspective. It also helps you properly explain to someone what they may have missed. So, I believe that learning how to look at art will help analyze many situations. 

1 thought on “Blog Post #1