Blog Post #1

1. The model “entering the conversation” provides many advantages when it comes to writing. One great advantage is that you can be referring to the counterclaim but one can also still make an argument. In writing it’s good that one adds a counterclaim, because then it gives the audience a neutral reading and shows them the points from both sides fo the argument. Another advantage is that it can pull the attention of the readers since the claim is more unique than others. When using phrases such as, “they say/I say” show the audience that the writing is quite different from others that they may have seen since it gives them the sense that they don’t have to believe what “they” say
  2. I agree that we can improve our analyzing skills by learning to look at artwork. Looking at artwork can help us look at the bigger picture of things and makes us more opened mined since we have to almost imagine ourselves in the artworks that we look at and create scenarios of what is actually happening. Another example can be political cartoons. These require us to think more critically since not only are we imagining what is going on, one has to take in consideration what the cartoon say and what year, day, or era it was taken place

1 thought on “Blog Post #1

1. Jordy Peguero

I like the reference to political cartoons as they are a great example of something we all might be familiar with of what it means to truly analyze an image or artwork. Whenever my middle and high school teachers had us analyze political cartoons, I would be astounded by how many different interpretations my classmates came up with and how much more detail we all missed after the teacher reveal all the intentional interpretations. That just goes to show you how perspective can have a substantial impact. Imagine if we were to bring that sense of close examination into our own personal and work lives; in those areas where it’s painful to look at.